Planning the perfect Valentine’s Day date at home during a pandemic calls for a little ingenuity! If you need a little creative spark on how to find all the romance without all the fuss, keep reading.
Get Dressed Up
Gift yourself with some self love! Take a bubble bath, sing Whitney Houston’s “I want to Dance with Somebody” while blow drying your hair, paint your nails while watching a rom-com.
When you’re done with all that, flip through those cute outfits you’ve bought but haven’t had the chance to wear (thanks, 2020!). Don the one that makes you feel your best!
Dinner and Dessert
How relaxing would it be to spend the evening together without worrying about burning the bread? Unless cooking is an activity you both enjoy, I recommend ordering out for the entree and saving the hands-on approach for chocolate fondue!
Find yourselves getting lost in conversation while sharing a delicious meal. It’s a treat for the both of you (plus it’s a COVID-19 free environment)!
Some heart-felt Valentine’s Day conversation starters:
- One thing you remember laughing about on your first date
- The first memory you have of your parents flirting with each other
- Dream out loud about vacation destinations to take together
Little Love Letters
There’s truth to carbs causing a serotonin boost! So while you’re swooning over your partner and dipping every sweet treat in the chocolate fondue, this is the optimal time to write a simple, two or three sentence, love letter to exchange on next year’s Valentine’s Day.
For the sake of ease here are a few ideas to write about in the letters:
- One characteristic you admire about him/her
- Fondest memory of the two of you together during the past year
- Date idea for your 25th anniversary
Dancing by the Candlelight
And here is the romantic cherry on top of the Valentine’s Day date at home:
Excuse yourself to go to the restroom, but actually create a “dance floor” in the next room over by outlining an open space with lit candles (check out the Dollar Tree) and sprinkling the ground with flower petals. Turn on the music and ask for a dance!
Classic Romantic Song Favorites
- “Can’t take my Eyes off of You” – Frankie Valli
- “Sea of Love” – Phil Phillips
- “Can’t Help Falling in Love” – Elvis
- “Sugar Pie, Honey Bunch” – Four Tops
- “How Sweet it is to be Loved by You” – Marvin Gaye