Looking for places to take pictures in Huntsville, AL? These stunning photo locations are my absolute favorite for Huntsville, AL engagement photos.
Downtown Huntsville is one of the most versatile engagement photo locations. My favorite spot to take pictures is at the Historic First National Bank with the white columns. It adds an elegant touch to engagement pictures. You can also find endless backdrops like charming old homes and businesses. Big Spring Park and rooftops also make beautiful photo settings.
- Free — just wander around and explore the city!
- Picture-perfect lighting in the morning and evening
- Elegant white-columned bank, rooftop views and archways
Sometimes, exploring nature is best for engagement photos, especially here in Huntsville where we have so many beautiful parks. This setting with its scenic views and forest surroundings is just gorgeous.
- $5 per person admission
- Best light at sunrise or 1.5 hours before sunset
- Overlook views of Huntsville and 20 miles of hiking trails
- Native azaleas that bloom in spring
Let’s get lost in the 112 acres of the Huntsville Botanical Garden! Their guest center is a classic white building with arches — an elegant engagement photo backdrop. And of course, their garden trails are scenic on their own.
- $125 photography permit
- Best in the early morning hours and 1.5 hours before sunset
- Classic white veranda, year-round blooms and picturesque pond
A historic home in downtown Huntsville, Weeden House offers time for photography sessions during business hours, which means we can only take photos there during the week days! Take portraits inside the house or in the gardens. I love shooting bridal portraits here too!
- Downtown Huntsville
- Indoor and outdoor settings
- Historic house and charming gardens
This location is a quiet escape from the hustle and bustle of everyday life. With 10 miles of hiking trails, we’ll have plenty of paths to explore as we take photos of you hand in hand.
- Riverside views and wooded trails
- Beautiful in spring, summer and fall
- Best 1 hour before sunset
- No restrooms
This shady park mixed with the summer wildflowers is an enchanting location for engagement photos. It closes 30 minutes before sunset, so I always recommend starting in the early evening to get as much time in that golden light as possible.
- Beautiful in every season, especially fall or in summer with the wildflowers
- Covered bridge, lake, walking trails and cabin
- Closes 30 minutes before sunset
- Lots of privacy with 72 acres!
- Public restrooms available for outfit changes
This photo location is a hidden gem! It’s close to an industrial business area, and has sidewalks full of cherry trees. It’s a surprisingly romantic setting for engagement photos.
- Best in a two-week window of early spring when the pear and cherry trees are in bloom
This city is so historic and quaint that the entire town serves as a perfect photo backdrop. The aging columns and cascading trees are breathtaking. They have the oldest operating post office in Alabama, a historic church, floral courtyard and so many more locations that are just perfect. The courtyard is in bloom during the summer too, which makes it a prime time for photos! (It was even used for the Disney movie based on “The Adventures of Tom Sawyer.”) According to the last census in 2010, the town’s population is only 53!
- $50 photography permit
- 20 minutes outside of Huntsville
- Variety of locations — post office, church and floral courtyard
- In bloom during the summer
Built in 1934, this luscious garden is a beautiful place for engagement photos. It’s close to Huntsville and feels like a European oasis.
- 30 minutes outside of Huntsville
- Well-manicured garden
- Ideal in the summer, but just as evergreen and pretty all year long
Hazel Green, AL
This location is an absolute wonderland, especially in the spring when the trees bloom. They have pink blooms (like below) from their peach trees and white blooms from apple trees. It’s just on the Alabama/Tennessee line. And of course, apple picking makes for a cute session activity in the fall!
- $50 photography permit
- Gorgeous blooms in the spring and fresh apples in the fall!
- Plenty of privacy among the trees
Honorable mention certainly goes to this overlook at a park in Section, Alabama. It’s one hour from Huntsville, but the stunning view makes it so worth it!
- Stunning overlook with a view of the river (so pretty at sunset!)
- 1 hour from Huntsville
- Benches, picnic tables and restrooms
Planning your engagement photos in Huntsville, AL
If you’re envisioning your Huntsville, AL engagement photos at another location, I’m all ears! As a photographer, I’m always on the hunt for the best places to take engagement photos in Alabama. Session locations aren’t limited to this list!
And yes, I’m available, willing and excited to travel! Let’s find somewhere within a 1.5-2 hour drive such as Chattanooga, Nashville and Birmingham.
Get in touch here for more Huntsville, AL engagement photo details.
If you’re already a client, let me know what type of location you’re leaning towards — urban, waterside, forest or garden! We can even find a location that already holds memories for you — like where you got engaged or even where your first date took place.